What is the Compassionate Vendor Program?
C.V.P is a product of United Learning Foundation (www.ULFUSA.com); an in-demand consulting firm that provides high quality trainings for all employees that interface with the general public on how to best serve those that live with unseen challenges (disabilities). The Compassionate Vendor Program is a third-party certification that is officially recognized by the United States federal government. Each institution that chooses to train its employees on how to reach every customer and create a more inclusive, compassionate, and empathetic environment for people of all abilities, as well as meeting all other set criteria, will be certified through the Compassionate Vendor Program. Upon completion of the program only these businesses may proudly display the C.V.P. certification logo as a way to publicly acknowledge their commitment to their community, as well as be listed in this on-line directory. Certification through the Compassionate Vendor Program is the gold standard in customer service.
It has been proven that trainings for your employees is the most cost effective measure you can make to your establishment to best accommodate individuals with any challenges.
One often hears, “it’s not personal, it’s business” but we tend to scoff at that idea. It is personal. If people are not emotionally invested in your product or mission, than you miss the opportunity to connect with what your customers or clients value most: to feel as though they are spending their hard earned resources of time, energy, and money with a business, organization, or school that values each and every person.
What do we really get out of this?
Excellent (and fair) question. After the completion of the certification process each establishment will receive:
- A C.V.P. window decal to display on your front door, proudly announcing to customers your investment in inclusive service to the community.
- Each employee that attends a training will receive a C.V.P. lapel pin to wear when at work.
- C.V.P. Table tents/signage for placement on counters and tables.
- Your business is listed for three years (the length of your active certification) on this online directory (no additional cost).
Who is this training for?
Any employee who interacts with clients, customers, or students in any capacity.
Objectives: Each training is 45-60 minutes in length. The information is delivered in a clear, concise, and well organized manner to make the best use of your time. The tips and techniques taught are easy for everyone to use. This training is offered to teach employees HOW to pick up on cues, diffuse situations, understand what challenged processing may look like, and how to understand challenges from an empathetic point of view.
Goals of each training include but are not limited to:
- How to recognize behaviors and characteristics of challenged processing
- Equip attendees with practical and easily applicable tips, techniques, and tools for assisting customers with various cognitive or developmental disabilities
- Educate employees on how to create a culture of understanding and compassion for those moments when guardians must assist an individual who is experiencing a “melt down”
- Participate in hands on empathy-enhancing activities
- Provide real life examples based on years of working with challenged individuals on a daily basis Short Q&A.
Note: each training module is modified for the specific industry and who is being trained; yet the basic outline, lessons, activities, and objectives of the course are all the same.
Who will be my trainer?
Your trainer will be founder and CEO, Tiffany A. Allen (visit her bio here) or, depending on geography, a fantastic trainer from the team. Each trainer has been vetted through an extensive process to guarantee the best training possible.
Is this limited to certain locations?
Not at all. We are willing to travel the globe to teach compassion and empathy. This program was created out of a soulful desire to shift the energy of this world, to bring about profound changes by marrying business with education and advocacy like none have seen before.
How much does it cost?
Fees vary depending upon your specific needs. We can guarantee that the cost is extremely reasonable and purposely kept low so that is is affordable for business, large and small.
Send us an email via our contact form to discuss your specific needs and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Are there any tech requirements?
It would be wonderful to have a projector and screen. if one is not available, fear not! Each trainer will bring with them what they need to successfully train the course.